Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOM) Day is on October 24th. AOM Day is a day to celebrate and bring awareness to acupuncture and Oriental medicine. It has been celebrated annually since 2002 and spearheaded by the National Certification Commission of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and partner organizations, the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and the Council of State Associations for Acupuncture.
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day is supported through a unique international partnership of organizations including the United States, Canada, Mexico and Pakistan. The partnership includes professional associations, research organizations and educational institutions.
AOM Day is a great way for practitioners and professionals to not only bring awareness to the field but to also selfishly do some self promotion. The “Get Involved” section of the AOM Day site lists several ways for practitioners to promote.
Some ideas you can do to promote your clinic:
- Promote AOM Day on your blog
- Notify your mailing list of AOM Day and how you are celebrating
- Tell your friends and family on your social networks
- Reach out to local blogs and news outlets plugging AOM Day and your practice
- Host an open house
- Offer to give talks about the benefits of acupuncture at a retirement home
- Reach out to health related organizations (ie. Whole Foods, yoga studios, clinics, etc)
- Be creative!